- ALLERGY WARNING: We own cats and cannot guarantee suits to be free of cat hair!
- Must be 18 years or older to commission us.
- We have the right to decline and terminate commissions at any given time (see Section 2: Payment about refunds).
- All contact will be made through email only. All other forms of contact will be ignored.
- We retain the right to showcase photos of any in-progress and completed projects.
- Projects that need to remain private will be charged an additional 200% of the total price.
- We will not accept commissions involving copyrighted characters or characters that seem out of place for our style.
- We only accept PayPal for online transactions. Cash is an acceptable form of payment only at events we are attending (a physical receipt of payment will be provided in-person).
- All payments are to be made in United States Dollars (USD).
- Payment plans are only accepted for items exceeding $250.00:
a) A 30%, non-refundable, deposit is required prior to installments.
b) Minimum installment plans are either: $100 bi-weekly or $200 monthly.
c) Payments exceeding the minimum will be deducted from the next installment.
- Each late payment will result in a $5.00 penalty towards the missed installment. Only one warning will be given.
- Deposits are non-refundable, in neither form of payment/materials.
- Only installment payments are subject to refunds in the form they were given.
- Any deposit/down payment not paid within seven days of invoicing(unless stated otherwise), will result to permanently terminating the commission and any future request thereof.
- If progress on the project has been made, refunds are a subject to how much work has been completed.
Customer has the option of a refund of the installments, or partial refund and get unfinished work shipped to them.
- If a refund is provided, we retain the right to complete the project and sell the finished product(s).
- Refunds can take a variable amount of time to process. Estimates are:
<$200 will take a month.
$200 – $500 will take 4 months.
$500+ will take 5 months and up.
- All measurements are to be provided in inches.
- The following measurements are required:
Handpaws: A trace of your hand halfway to elbow, with added measurements.
Armsleeves: Measurements from the measurement page.
Feetpaws: Pair of shoes, no open toes like sandals.
Bodysuit: Duct Tape Dummy
You can find instructions on the measurements page as to how and where to measure.
- A new duct tape dummy may be required if the one provided is inaccurate or unusable.
- A $50.00 fee will be charged if your DTD isn’t taped back together as instructed.
- Measure everything twice, just to be sure, to avoid inaccurate measurements.
- Our project queue can be found here.
- The queue will be completed in the order it is listed, but is subject to change (see Section 5: Deadlines).
- Customers will be appended to the queue once the commission has been fully paid.
- Work will only be started once everything is paid off.
- Customers have the option to forego queue placement by paying a deadline/rush fee.
- Smaller tasks, such as tails, handpaws, etc., may be done in between larger ones (e.g. partials/fullsuits).
- Project completion can span from two months to two years depending on queue length and the number of added deadlines.
5. Deadlines – NO LONGER AVAILABLE
- We only accept deadline commissions if we feel confident in our ability to complete them by the requested date.
- Deadline/rush projects cost extra, see below for pricing.
- Deadline fees are to be paid at least one month prior to a deadline date. Partials and fullsuits require a notice at least two months prior to a deadline date. International customers require an additional one month due to customs.
- Deadline fees are subject to different refund conditions. Customers have the option to either:
a) Continue with their current queue placement and be reimbursed 20% of the deadline fee.
b) Be placed back in their proper slot and be reimbursed the entire deadline fee.
- Estimates are NOT deadlines, they are rough guesses. Estimates are based on how other projects seem to be progressing at that time.Fee pricing:
Within 1 month: Additional 80% of total price.
Fullsuits and partials are not eligible for this option.Within 3 months: Additional 50% of total price.
Anything beyond 3 months: Additional 30%-45% of total price.
- All information submitted in a quote form will be assumed to be correct. Corrections will need to be provided by the customer before work is started, and is subject to a change in price.
- Customers may change simple patterns or colors before a project is started and materials are ordered.
- Changes in complexity or design may result in additional fees or project cancellation.
- Revisions to completed work are subject to approval and fees, unless we are at fault.
- Specific fabrics desired by the customer should be specified as soon as they receive their quote. Otherwise, we will show a few fabric options to choose from and am not liable to manufacturing complications (e.g. variance in dyes, texture, ply, etc..)
Should a customer decide on fur exceeding $30.00 a yard, additional fees will apply.
- Completed suits have a 90-day warranty. (see Section 7.3 about unauthorized modifications)
- Requested repairs beyond the 90-day warranty are subject to repair costs.
- The 90-day warranty is subject to termination if unauthorized modifications have been made to the product(s).
- Shipping is to be covered by the customer from and to Cawstumes.
- Repairs prompted by mishandling a completed product (e.g. tearing off an ear during roughhousing) may result in warranty termination.
- We are not responsible for injuries acquired while using the fursuit.
- We ship worldwide.
- Shipping cost is not included in the quote or any of the listed prices on our pricing page.
- We ship with USPS and all packages will require signature confirmation within the US.
- A tracking number will be provided for each shipment.
- We are not responsible for custom fees; the customer is responsible for understanding their import laws.
- We are not responsible for lost shipment. Each item is insured up to the cost of the project by shipping companies, they are liable and will cover loss and damages.
- Shipping will be done through our PO Box. Local pick-up/drop-offs are not available, contact us for delivery at events we attend.
- Projects are only shipped once completed; we will not ship individual parts.